Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri November 2, 2012
Cuomo, Legislature to create $100M fund for Sandy
Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders are creating a $100 million fund to help people hit hardest by superstorm Sandy rebuild their homes and lives. Cuomo says the fund will be replenished as necessary. WAMC's Dave Lucas has more...
Friday's announcement comes even though the state faces a $1 billion deficit.
Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos have agreed to approve the spending.
The tally of storm damage is expected run into billions of dollars for families and businesses. Private insurance will cover some of that cost, but not all.
© 2012 Associated Press