Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
Fri November 2, 2012
Cuomo, Legislature to create $100M fund for Sandy
Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders are creating a $100 million fund to help people hit hardest by superstorm Sandy rebuild their homes and lives. Cuomo says the fund will be replenished as necessary. WAMC's Dave Lucas has more...
Friday's announcement comes even though the state faces a $1 billion deficit.
Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos have agreed to approve the spending.
The tally of storm damage is expected run into billions of dollars for families and businesses. Private insurance will cover some of that cost, but not all.
© 2012 Associated Press