Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Fri November 2, 2012
Cuomo, Legislature to create $100M fund for Sandy
Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders are creating a $100 million fund to help people hit hardest by superstorm Sandy rebuild their homes and lives. Cuomo says the fund will be replenished as necessary. WAMC's Dave Lucas has more...
Friday's announcement comes even though the state faces a $1 billion deficit.
Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos have agreed to approve the spending.
The tally of storm damage is expected run into billions of dollars for families and businesses. Private insurance will cover some of that cost, but not all.
© 2012 Associated Press