Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Fri November 2, 2012
Cuomo, Legislature to create $100M fund for Sandy
Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders are creating a $100 million fund to help people hit hardest by superstorm Sandy rebuild their homes and lives. Cuomo says the fund will be replenished as necessary. WAMC's Dave Lucas has more...
Friday's announcement comes even though the state faces a $1 billion deficit.
Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos have agreed to approve the spending.
The tally of storm damage is expected run into billions of dollars for families and businesses. Private insurance will cover some of that cost, but not all.
© 2012 Associated Press