Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Northeast Energy Direct Pipeline Route Moves North
New York News
Tue March 4, 2014
Cuomo Promotes State Budget Priorities
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is spending some of his $33 million dollar campaign war chest on ads to promote his state budget priorities.
The ads, which feature in part Cuomo speaking directly to camera , focus on the governor’s pitch for his tax cut plan and an ethics package that includes public financing of political campaigns and a crack down on bribery.
Karen Scharff, with Citizen Action, says the ethics ads are a good sign.
“The governor’s ads are signaling that he intends to get it done and get it in his budget April 1st,” Scharff said.
A third Cuomo ad advocates delaying implementation of new testing of the Common Core learning standards, which Cuomo says has been “premature”.
No budget for the ads has been disclosed.