Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Tue January 21, 2014
Cuomo To Release His NY Budget Proposal
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is set to present a budget proposal detailing how he will pay for a broad program of tax breaks while maintaining funding for schools, health care and infrastructure.
The governor will release a budget proposal to the Legislature in Albany this afternoon that is expected to top $136 billion. Cuomo and state lawmakers will try to maintain their three-year streak of reaching a final budget deal by the start of the state fiscal year April 1.
Cuomo says his budget will usher in three years of projected surpluses if lawmakers hold spending growth below 2 percent.
The governor says that New York can provide tax relief and increase investments in education, health care and economic development, even with the spending cap.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.