Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Thu January 17, 2013
Cuomo's big donors boost his campaign fund to $22M
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Gov. Andrew Cuomo has collected mostly five-figure donations to build an almost unassailable campaign fund over the last six months even as he seeks to limit future donations in a campaign finance reform law.
A New York Public Interest Group analysis shows about 80 percent of Cuomo's donations were for $10,000 or more to give him a mid-term campaign fund of $22 million.
Cuomo's total donations for the six-month reporting period of $4 million was down slightly from past periods because many of his big donors hit the current donation limit that Cuomo has said is too high.
State Board of Elections reports also show the campaign cash collected by other state officials over the last six months.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.