Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed May 26, 2004
CWT Files Wants Party Status Re: Belleayre Project
By Allison Dunne
Margaretville, NY – The conference began yesterday on the proposed Belleayre Resort at Catskill Park. As officials gathered from 2 of the 3 groups that filed for party status, another joined the mix. The Coalition of Watershed Towns, Delaware County, and the Town of Middletown officially became the fourth group. The coalition's attorney says the last-minute move comes in response to what he says is the NYC Department of Environmental Protection's invasion of the towns' home turf. Allison Dunne reports.