Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Sat July 6, 2013
DA Investigates Deadly Shooting By Massachusetts State Police
A prosecutor’s office is investigating the police use of deadly force in the Franklin County Massachusetts town of Orange.
A 25 year old man was killed and a 23 year old woman injuried in the shooting that occurred when a Massachusetts State Police tactical team was executing a search warrant early Wednesday morning as part of a drug investigation. According to state police, a man in the apartment, identified as 25 year old Corey Navarette confronted the troopers with a gun and one or more troopers shot him. A state police spokesman said detectives had information Navarette might be armed. The Northwestern District Attorney will determine if the shooting was justified under the law.