Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Possible Modified Transmission Line Proposals Draw Cautious Praise
New England News
Sat July 6, 2013
DA Investigates Deadly Shooting By Massachusetts State Police
A prosecutor’s office is investigating the police use of deadly force in the Franklin County Massachusetts town of Orange.
A 25 year old man was killed and a 23 year old woman injuried in the shooting that occurred when a Massachusetts State Police tactical team was executing a search warrant early Wednesday morning as part of a drug investigation. According to state police, a man in the apartment, identified as 25 year old Corey Navarette confronted the troopers with a gun and one or more troopers shot him. A state police spokesman said detectives had information Navarette might be armed. The Northwestern District Attorney will determine if the shooting was justified under the law.