Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Sat July 6, 2013
DA Investigates Deadly Shooting By Massachusetts State Police
A prosecutor’s office is investigating the police use of deadly force in the Franklin County Massachusetts town of Orange.
A 25 year old man was killed and a 23 year old woman injuried in the shooting that occurred when a Massachusetts State Police tactical team was executing a search warrant early Wednesday morning as part of a drug investigation. According to state police, a man in the apartment, identified as 25 year old Corey Navarette confronted the troopers with a gun and one or more troopers shot him. A state police spokesman said detectives had information Navarette might be armed. The Northwestern District Attorney will determine if the shooting was justified under the law.