Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Wed January 23, 2013
From Dagobah to Schenectady: Charlie Ross, One Man Star Wars
WAMC's Ian Pickus speaks with Charlie Ross, whose One Man Star Wars show stops at Proctors in Schenectady for five performances beginning January 25.
Not many actors can say that they have played such iconic characters as Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian and even Princess Leia. Ross has been doing exactly that for more than a decade — and often in the very same breath. Not to mention special effects and his own stunts.
Better known as One Man Star Wars, Ross has performed an engrossing, irreverent and hilarious version of Star Wars as a one-man show since 2002. Officially sanctioned by Lucasfilm, Ross has made the Kessel Run around the world, getting rave reviews on 12 systems. Having seen his show the last time it was in the area in 2009, I can attest: only Stormtroopers are so precise.
Ross, who also performs a One Man Lord of the Rings trilogy, will offer his take on George Lucas’ classic tale of good versus evil during a run of five shows January 25 through 27.
Arts & Culture
Arts & Culture