Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue November 23, 2004
Dairy Farmer Subsidy Program at Risk
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The Milk Income Loss Contract Program - known as MILC - is a federal subsidy program that helps dairy farmers when milk prices fall below set prices. It is set to expire next September. An effort to extend it failed when it was up for a vote in a Congressional conference committee last week. Dairy farm advocates in the region say they plan to renew their efforts to extend the program when Congress returns in January. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.