Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Tue November 23, 2004
Dairy Farmer Subsidy Program at Risk
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The Milk Income Loss Contract Program - known as MILC - is a federal subsidy program that helps dairy farmers when milk prices fall below set prices. It is set to expire next September. An effort to extend it failed when it was up for a vote in a Congressional conference committee last week. Dairy farm advocates in the region say they plan to renew their efforts to extend the program when Congress returns in January. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.