Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Fri October 12, 2012
Dalai Lama Talks to Middlebury College Students
The Dalai Lama is taking an extremely long view when it comes to climate change.
Speaking Friday at Middlebury College, the Tibetan Buddhist leader and winner of the 1989 Nobel Peace Prize teased his audience by saying our crisis might crash into another crisis someday, but not to worry because it will take billions of years.
He pointed to recent findings that Mars is dry now but appears once to have had water on it.
He urged a crowd of about 2,800 to eliminate negative feelings like anger and jealousy and practice contentment.
The Dalai Lama is set to deliver another talk at Middlebury on Saturday entitled "Finding Common Ground: Ethics for a Whole World."
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.