Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Mon February 13, 2006
Dam Hearing Held
By Deborah Runcie
Schenectady, NY – Recent revelations that the New York City Department of Environmental Protection doctored dam inspections in the Catskills have worsened the department's already strained relationship with upstate communities. Lawmakers gathered in Schenectady last week to discus their concerns about dam safety and flood prevention throughout upstate New York.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has a follow-up report.