Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Mon February 13, 2006
Dam Hearing Held
By Deborah Runcie
Schenectady, NY – Recent revelations that the New York City Department of Environmental Protection doctored dam inspections in the Catskills have worsened the department's already strained relationship with upstate communities. Lawmakers gathered in Schenectady last week to discus their concerns about dam safety and flood prevention throughout upstate New York.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has a follow-up report.