Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Mon February 13, 2006
Dam Hearing Held
By Deborah Runcie
Schenectady, NY – Recent revelations that the New York City Department of Environmental Protection doctored dam inspections in the Catskills have worsened the department's already strained relationship with upstate communities. Lawmakers gathered in Schenectady last week to discus their concerns about dam safety and flood prevention throughout upstate New York.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has a follow-up report.