Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Possible Modified Transmission Line Proposals Draw Cautious Praise
WAMC New York News
Wed February 1, 2006
Dam Hearing Scheduled
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – There are new calls for better dam monitoring in New York state following reports of faked inspections in the Catskills. More lawmakers are demanding improved procedures by the state Department of Environmental Conservation and the New York City Department of Environmental Protection.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more...