Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
WAMC New York News
Wed February 1, 2006
Dam Hearing Scheduled
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – There are new calls for better dam monitoring in New York state following reports of faked inspections in the Catskills. More lawmakers are demanding improved procedures by the state Department of Environmental Conservation and the New York City Department of Environmental Protection.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more...