Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Mon May 13, 2013
Danish Ambassador Set For Vermont Visit
The term "welfare state" is a pejorative for many in the U.S., a system that many elected officials would distance themselves from, but the term is used with pride by Peter Taksøe-Jensen, the Danish Ambassador to the U.S., who will be visiting Vermont next weekend, at the invitation of U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders. The ambassador, who spoke to WAMC today, will meet with the public in Burlington, Brattleboro and Montpelier to discuss the Danish form of government.