Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Thu October 25, 2012
Danny Lichtenfeld - LEGO Creations
The name 'LEGO' is an abbreviation of the two Danish words "leg godt", meaning "play well". The LEGO Group was founded in 1932. But, The LEGO brick is their most popular product. It has twice been named – “Toy of the Century”.
The brick in its present form was launched in 1958. The interlocking principle with its tubes makes it unique, and offers unlimited building possibilities. It's just a matter of getting the imagination going – and letting a wealth of creative ideas emerge through play. And now you can build your very own LEGO creation and display it at Brattleboro Museum and Art Center with their 5th annual Lego Contest and Exhibit.
For the exhibit part – the final designs will be on display October 26-28, 2012. Prizes will be awarded for Best in Show, Best Architectural Design, Best Use of Moving Parts, Best Title, Best Diorama, and Best Space-Themed Creation. Danny Lichtenfeld is Director of the Brattleboro Museum & Art.