Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC News, North Country News
Fri July 13, 2012
Data Indicates High Gas Profits In Burlington
Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders has released data that he says shows the Burlington area has one of the highest profit margins for gas dealers in the country.
Senator Sanders has called for a federal investigation into the price at the pumps in the Chittenden County area - the most populous area of Vermont. On Friday, he released data from the Oil Price Information Service that indicates Burlington has the most lucrative gas market in the Northeast, with profit margins at the end of June double the national average.
The Burlington Free Press reports that gas distributors and Joe Choquette, a spokesman for the Vermont Petroleum Association dispute the accuracy of the data.