Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Thu January 3, 2008
David Barnhart - Words of the Year (aired 1/3/08)
Albany, NY – David Barnhart is a lexicographer and neologist who lives in the Hudson Valley. Each year in January the American Dialect Society convenes the New Words Committee in order to nominate and examine candidates for Words of the Year. He will present his list of candidates for consideration in Chicago. Before he does that, though, he will talk to us about them.