Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Thu January 3, 2008
David Barnhart - Words of the Year (aired 1/3/08)
Albany, NY – David Barnhart is a lexicographer and neologist who lives in the Hudson Valley. Each year in January the American Dialect Society convenes the New Words Committee in order to nominate and examine candidates for Words of the Year. He will present his list of candidates for consideration in Chicago. Before he does that, though, he will talk to us about them.