Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
Arts & Culture
Wed May 29, 2013
David Greenberger and A Strong Dog - So Tough
David Greenberger has just released his latest CD, So Tough, recorded with his new band, A Strong Dog (Kevin Maul, Mitch Throop, and Matthew Loiacono). For decades, David has collected stories from elderly people. Rather than portraying them as repositories of wisdom and memory, Greenberger illuminates their full and present humanity. David's monologues are entwined with live music in a show that is emotionally rich, charming, funny and evocative.
The works all draw from David's conversations with the elderly in nursing homes, senior centers and mealsites. Some reflect memory loss or other aspects of cognitive decline, while others simply mirror the process of two people coming to know one another through conversation and listening.
David Greenberger and A Strong Dog will perform at Caffe Lena in Saratoga Springs, NY on May 31st at 8pm.