Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Capital District News
Sun November 4, 2012
David Lombardo - The Daily Gazette
A poll released Friday by the Siena Research Institute showed some surprising numbers in one capital region New York State Senate race.
Incumbent 43rd District Senator Roy McDonald – who suspended his campaign after losing a close Republican primary to Saratoga County Clerk Kathy Marchione – received support from 29 percent of poll respondents. McDonald will appear on Tuesday’s ballot on the Independence Party line.
For analysis of the race WAMC’s Patrick Donges spoke with reporter David Lombardo who covers local politics for the Schenectady Daily Gazette.