Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
Capital District News
Sun November 4, 2012
David Lombardo - The Daily Gazette
A poll released Friday by the Siena Research Institute showed some surprising numbers in one capital region New York State Senate race.
Incumbent 43rd District Senator Roy McDonald – who suspended his campaign after losing a close Republican primary to Saratoga County Clerk Kathy Marchione – received support from 29 percent of poll respondents. McDonald will appear on Tuesday’s ballot on the Independence Party line.
For analysis of the race WAMC’s Patrick Donges spoke with reporter David Lombardo who covers local politics for the Schenectady Daily Gazette.