Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Sun March 3, 2013
Day-Trippers: Head To Catskill
Looking for something to do today? A Cinderella story of sorts is taking place this weekend in the Catskills.
Like the fabled pumpkin turned into a coach, a vacant Main Street storefront in Catskill has been temporarily transformed into an old-time cinema. Visitors to the third Annual Catskill Film and Video Festival are greeted by the aroma generated throughout the old Union Mills building by an antique popcorn machine. Showings are being held from noon to 6pm. The film festival is being held concurrent with another "One weekend only" event: the Glow Show, a trail of video and light-based installations projected on windows and building surfaces after nightfall. Free tours at 6:30 pm start at the Union Mills Building.
Catskills Area News
Hudson Valley News