Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri November 26, 2004
De-Listing Proposal Irks Wolf Proponents
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The US Fish and Wildlife Service is in the process of determining whether the Eastern Gray Wolf should be removed from the Endangered species list. The idea of de-listing the animal is drawing criticism from some groups in the region who want the wolf re-introduced into the Adirondacks. But others note that previous efforts to do that have failed. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.