Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Thu June 20, 2013
Dean Staff Recalls Campaign that Changed Politics
Howard Dean, former staffers and volunteers are set to gather Sunday at Oakledge Park in Burlington to reflect and reminisce on the 10th anniversary of the kickoff of his unsuccessful 2004 presidential campaign.
Howard Dean says his presidential campaign helped to galvanize a generation of young, tech-savvy activists who moved politics online.
Several top Dean aides went on to big things, including Joe Rospars, who served as chief digital strategist for both of Barack Obama's successful presidential campaigns.
Dean says he doesn't take credit for the lasting impact of his campaign. He says it became a vehicle for the activism of the millennial generation.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.