Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Sun June 23, 2013
Dean Supporters Gather To Mark Campaign's 10th Anniversary
Supporters and campaign staff of former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean are getting together to mark the 10th anniversary of the launch of his unsuccessful presidential campaign.
Longtime Dean aide Kate O'Connor says the festivities are set for 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at Oakledge Park in Burlington.
That's the date in 2003 when Dean stood before more than 5,000 people on Burlington's Church Street Marketplace and announced his candidacy for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination, a bid that faded after his loss in the Iowa caucuses that January.
Dean earlier this year said he hadn't ruled out another try in 2016, but now he's calling that very unlikely.
North Country News