Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
WAMC New York News
Mon June 20, 2005
Death Penalty Opponents Express Dismay at Start of Trial
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – Vermont's first death penalty trial in more than forty years got underway in Burlington today. The defense strategy is to argue that Donald Fell should be spared the death penalty and instead sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. While that drama was being played out in the Federal courthouse, members of Vermonters Against the Death Penalty met at the Unitarian Universalist Church to voice their dismay over the death penalty trial occurring across the street.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.