Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Mon June 20, 2005
Death Penalty Opponents Express Dismay at Start of Trial
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – Vermont's first death penalty trial in more than forty years got underway in Burlington today. The defense strategy is to argue that Donald Fell should be spared the death penalty and instead sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. While that drama was being played out in the Federal courthouse, members of Vermonters Against the Death Penalty met at the Unitarian Universalist Church to voice their dismay over the death penalty trial occurring across the street.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.