Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon January 24, 2005
Debate Over Automatic Increases to Minimum Wage
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – A Vermont Senate committee is assessing whether the state's minimum wage should rise annually with the rate of inflation. But the debate is proving complicated. Some say one sector would be ignored if the policy is implemented, while others say the minimum wage should be higher before the state sets automatic increases. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.