Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
WAMC New England News
Mon May 22, 2006
Debate Over Nursing Bill Continues
By Dan Bobkoff
Boston, MA – A contentions health care bill is making its way to the floor of the Massachusetts House of Representatives tomorrow. The nurses' union wants limits on the number of hospital patients under an individual nurse's care at any one time. The hospitals say it's dangerous and arbitrary to define a nurse to patient ratio for all nurses.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.