Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New England News
Mon May 22, 2006
Debate Over Nursing Bill Continues
By Dan Bobkoff
Boston, MA – A contentions health care bill is making its way to the floor of the Massachusetts House of Representatives tomorrow. The nurses' union wants limits on the number of hospital patients under an individual nurse's care at any one time. The hospitals say it's dangerous and arbitrary to define a nurse to patient ratio for all nurses.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.