Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New England News
Mon May 22, 2006
Debate Over Nursing Bill Continues
By Dan Bobkoff
Boston, MA – A contentions health care bill is making its way to the floor of the Massachusetts House of Representatives tomorrow. The nurses' union wants limits on the number of hospital patients under an individual nurse's care at any one time. The hospitals say it's dangerous and arbitrary to define a nurse to patient ratio for all nurses.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.