Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Mon April 3, 2006
Debate Over Single Payer Health Insurance
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – Lawmakers and proponents of a single payer healthcare system in Dutchess and Ulster counties are pushing for Congressional passage of the United States National Health Insurance Act. Those not in favor of the legislation say a single payer system would be the death of healthcare in this country.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.