Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon April 3, 2006
Debate Over Single Payer Health Insurance
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – Lawmakers and proponents of a single payer healthcare system in Dutchess and Ulster counties are pushing for Congressional passage of the United States National Health Insurance Act. Those not in favor of the legislation say a single payer system would be the death of healthcare in this country.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.