Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
WAMC New York News
Mon April 3, 2006
Debate Over Single Payer Health Insurance
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – Lawmakers and proponents of a single payer healthcare system in Dutchess and Ulster counties are pushing for Congressional passage of the United States National Health Insurance Act. Those not in favor of the legislation say a single payer system would be the death of healthcare in this country.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.