Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon April 3, 2006
Debate Over Single Payer Health Insurance
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – Lawmakers and proponents of a single payer healthcare system in Dutchess and Ulster counties are pushing for Congressional passage of the United States National Health Insurance Act. Those not in favor of the legislation say a single payer system would be the death of healthcare in this country.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.