Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
WAMC New York News
Wed October 5, 2005
Debate Over Use of Word Vermont on Product Labels
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The debate over a long-considered labeling law is at issue once again in Vermont. A legislative committee is reviewing a rule that would restrict how the word Vermont is used on labels. It's been debated for years because some Vermont producers say their made-in-Vermont product could no longer be labeled with the word Vermont.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.