Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Wed October 5, 2005
Debate Over Use of Word Vermont on Product Labels
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The debate over a long-considered labeling law is at issue once again in Vermont. A legislative committee is reviewing a rule that would restrict how the word Vermont is used on labels. It's been debated for years because some Vermont producers say their made-in-Vermont product could no longer be labeled with the word Vermont.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.