Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon January 3, 2005
Debate over value of stalled Champlain Valley National Heritage Partnership Act
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Champlain Valley National Heritage Partnership proposal failed to pass in this session of Congress. The legislation, sponsored by Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords, would help preserve the historic, cultural and recreational resources of the Champlain Valley region. But critics say the measure favors Vermont, and want to see changes in the proposal. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.