Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Mon January 3, 2005
Debate over value of stalled Champlain Valley National Heritage Partnership Act
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Champlain Valley National Heritage Partnership proposal failed to pass in this session of Congress. The legislation, sponsored by Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords, would help preserve the historic, cultural and recreational resources of the Champlain Valley region. But critics say the measure favors Vermont, and want to see changes in the proposal. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.