Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Wed March 17, 2004
DEC Approves GE Cleanup Plan
By Allison Dunne
Hudson Falls, NY – New York's Department of Environmental Conservation has okayed a plan for how General Electric will stop PCBs from seeping into the Hudson River. The project focuses on the company's Hudson Falls plant. The heart of the plan calls for GE to build tunnels in what is believed to be the first operation of its kind for an environmental cleanup project. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.