Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Wed March 17, 2004
DEC Approves GE Cleanup Plan
By Allison Dunne
Hudson Falls, NY – New York's Department of Environmental Conservation has okayed a plan for how General Electric will stop PCBs from seeping into the Hudson River. The project focuses on the company's Hudson Falls plant. The heart of the plan calls for GE to build tunnels in what is believed to be the first operation of its kind for an environmental cleanup project. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.