Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu April 7, 2005
DEC To Kill Deer to Test for CWD
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – Two private deer herds have been killed in New York's Oneida County, given that one deer from each herd tested positive for chronic wasting disease. The cases are the first in New York. Now the state's Department of Environmental Conservation will kill deer in surrounding wild herds, to see if the disease has spread. More from WAMC's Allison Dunne.