Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri January 30, 2004
DEC Requests Permit Changes for Test Tire Burn
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – International Paper must change its federal air and water permits as it attempts to move forward with a test burn of tires for fuel at its Ticonderoga, New York mill. New York environmental officials requested the change, which will also allow for public hearings in both New York and Vermont. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.