Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Fri January 30, 2004
DEC Requests Permit Changes for Test Tire Burn
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – International Paper must change its federal air and water permits as it attempts to move forward with a test burn of tires for fuel at its Ticonderoga, New York mill. New York environmental officials requested the change, which will also allow for public hearings in both New York and Vermont. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.