Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Mon March 26, 2012
'Decorah Eagle Cam:' A Beak Breaks Through First Egg
Coming in just after the Raptor Resource Project predicted, Eagle watchers over at Wired have spotted a beak breaking through the first of three eggs.
That means that an eaglet will emerge soon. Wired explains:
"The bald eaglet will probably take at least 12 hours, and possibly as many as 48 hours to break completely free from its shell. The first chick will have a head start on its siblings and will likely enjoy being the biggest eaglet in the nest for months."
The video above is a live feed from Decorah, Iowa.