Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Wed September 26, 2012
Democratic Senate candidate Andrews gets boost from bruising GOP primary
The close Republican primary and subsequent recount have dominated talk of the race for state Senate in New York’s 43rd district, as incumbent Roy McDonald and the apparent winner in their race, Saratoga County Clerk Kathy Marchione, both head toward November’s ballot.
But Democrat Robin Andrews, the Town Supervisor of Claverack, may have new life in what was once considered a safe Republican seat. Andrews spoke with WAMC’s Alan Chartock.