Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
Fri July 13, 2012
Demonstrators Call On Romney To Disclose More About His Wealth
Members of the liberal leaning political action committee MoveOn dot org are trying to keep the focus on Mitt Romney’s business record. As WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports there was a demonstration scheduled Friday outside Romney’s campaign headquarters in Boston.
Move On members called on Romney to release more than just the one year of income tax returns he’s previously disclosed. Pat Fiero, a Move On organizer in western Massachusetts said the financial disclosures are about integrity and principles.
Friday’s demonstration comes as the Obama campaign hammered Romney about his business record. The criticism triggered by reports that questioned how long Romney was actually in charge at Bain Capital. Romney has said he left the venture capital company in 1999,but government documents listed him as the owner until 2002.