Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon April 26, 2004
DEP Poses Stumbling Block to Belleayre Resort
By Allison Dunne
New York, NY – The New York City Department of Environmental Protection says it will deny permits for Crossroads Ventures' proposed Belleayre Resort at Catskill Park unless significant and numerous revisions are made, including eliminating plans for the two golf courses. Crossroads Managing Member Dean Gitter says the DEP comments threaten an era of cooperation between New York City and Catskill communities. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.