Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Fri June 8, 2012
Derby and Preakness Winner Scratched from Belmont
I'll Have Another's bid for a Triple Crown ended with the shocking news that the colt is out of tomorrow’s Belmont Stakes due to a swollen left front tendon.
According to Dennis O'Neill, brother of trainer Doug O'Neill, the horse galloped Friday morning and after a veterinary scan, the tendon seemed "kind of tender."
O'Neill told The Associated Press that, "the horse is sound and happy, but it's not worth it."
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.