Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Fri June 8, 2012
Derby and Preakness Winner Scratched from Belmont
I'll Have Another's bid for a Triple Crown ended with the shocking news that the colt is out of tomorrow’s Belmont Stakes due to a swollen left front tendon.
According to Dennis O'Neill, brother of trainer Doug O'Neill, the horse galloped Friday morning and after a veterinary scan, the tendon seemed "kind of tender."
O'Neill told The Associated Press that, "the horse is sound and happy, but it's not worth it."
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.