Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Thu December 6, 2012
Destroyed Day Care Center Gets Donation From Casino Co.
The operators of a day care center destroyed in last months natural gas explosion in Springfield Massachusetts have received a grant from a casino developer. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports
Penn National Gaming and a charitable foundation associated with Springfield businessman Peter Picknelly donated $25,000 to Square One. One of t he organization’s pre-schools was destroyed in the November 23 gas explosion in downtown Springfield. Square One CEO Joan Kagen said the donation will help cover expenses to re-locate 100 children to other daycare.
Penn and Picknelly are partners in a proposed $810 million downtown casino project.