Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Sun May 25, 2014
Developer Files Wal-Mart Application in Vt. Town
A developer has filed an application to develop a Wal-Mart in Derby, Vermont.
The application culminates over a decade of effort by town and regional officials to lure a new department store to the area after Ames closed in 2002.
The $16.75 million store is expected to create 260 jobs. It would open in November 2015 and be near the Newport City line.
The Caledonian Record reports Jeff Davis of Burlington, of Shattuck Hill Investments, filed the application Thursday with the zoning administrator's office.
Voters in Derby and Newport City have approved the Wal-Mart.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.