Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Mon February 13, 2006
Developer of Wind Project Says Vermont Utility Will Buy Turbine Power
By Pat Bradley
Londonderry, VT – Nineteen proposed windmills on Vermont's Glebe Mountain in Londonderry would generate 47-and-a-half megawatts of electricity. One of the questions that local residents have asked is who will get the power and therefore benefit from its operation? The developer says there is a Vermont buyer for the power, and that means the energy will stay in the state, to be used by Vermonters. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.