Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
Hudson Valley News
Fri January 18, 2013
DiNapoli Okays the Final Contract for the Bridge
The New York State Comptroller has given his approval for the more than $3 billion contract to build a replacement Tappan Zee Bridge in the lower Hudson Valley.
State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli Friday announced he has approved a $3.14 billion contract between the state Thruway Authority and Tappan Zee Constructors to design and build the new Tappan Zee Bridge. He said the Thruway Authority is responsible for proposing a financing plan, and must live up to its commitment to pursue the lowest cost options and ensure that its customers are paying the lowest possible tolls. DiNapoli’s contract approval does not constitute approval of any financial plan, toll increase, or debt issuance. The Comptroller’s office will examine these matters separately, and monitor and audit the Thruway’s finances. The 66-month contract with Tappan Zee Constructors is effective immediately.