Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Thu August 16, 2012
DiNapoli: Romney-Ryan fiscal plans a "disaster" for New York
New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli is warning against the fiscal overhauls promoted by Republican Vice Presidential nominee Paul Ryan, the chair of the House Budget Committee. DiNapoli, a Democrat, says on this week’s Capitol Connection program that the state can’t afford the GOP ticket’s plans.
"Based on my reading of everything that I've seen and heard that would be a disaster for us," DiNapoli says. "You know it’s very clear that the Romney-Ryan ticket just talks about small government in a way that may sound appealing to some people but it what it really translates to is really undermining the federal partnership with the states and ultimately the federal partnership to support its citizens."
WAMC New York News