Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Thu August 16, 2012
DiNapoli: Romney-Ryan fiscal plans a "disaster" for New York
New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli is warning against the fiscal overhauls promoted by Republican Vice Presidential nominee Paul Ryan, the chair of the House Budget Committee. DiNapoli, a Democrat, says on this week’s Capitol Connection program that the state can’t afford the GOP ticket’s plans.
"Based on my reading of everything that I've seen and heard that would be a disaster for us," DiNapoli says. "You know it’s very clear that the Romney-Ryan ticket just talks about small government in a way that may sound appealing to some people but it what it really translates to is really undermining the federal partnership with the states and ultimately the federal partnership to support its citizens."
WAMC New York News