Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Fri November 30, 2012
Disputed Foreclosed Lands Sold
All of the parcels that Clinton County placed for auction in a disputed foreclosure sale have been sold.
Clinton County sold at auction all 11 pieces of foreclosed property that the Turtle Island Trust claims officials illegally seized.
The Turtle Island Trust holds lands for the Ganienkeh Mohawks near Altona.
The county says state attorneys verified that any land outside of the original parcel negotiated with the tribe in the 1970's are taxable.
The trust filed suit two days before the auction. All successful bidders were informed of the lawsuit and deposits will be held in escrow until a court decision.
New York News