Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Fri November 30, 2012
Disputed Foreclosed Lands Sold
All of the parcels that Clinton County placed for auction in a disputed foreclosure sale have been sold.
Clinton County sold at auction all 11 pieces of foreclosed property that the Turtle Island Trust claims officials illegally seized.
The Turtle Island Trust holds lands for the Ganienkeh Mohawks near Altona.
The county says state attorneys verified that any land outside of the original parcel negotiated with the tribe in the 1970's are taxable.
The trust filed suit two days before the auction. All successful bidders were informed of the lawsuit and deposits will be held in escrow until a court decision.
New York News