Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Capital Region News
Tue February 26, 2013
District Officials Mum on Principal’s Dismissal
A popular Albany public school official is on leave, without explanation.
Officials with the Albany city school district say New Scotland Elementary School principal Gregory Jones has been placed on administrative leave until further notice. There was no explanation, no communication to parents regarding what has been termed an "unusual suspension".
District spokesman Ron Lesko responded to emails about Jones' suspension with a simple "I cannot comment any further as that is a personnel matter". The popular principal had served in the district for 19 years. No word as to whether Jones will return.