Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Listener Essay - Reflections On A Life Well Lived
Thu July 31, 2014
District Profile: Virginia's 7th Congressional
Originally published on Fri August 1, 2014 1:23 pm
Eric Cantor officially stepped down as House Majority Leader today. He will be replaced in the leadership by Kevin McCarthy of California after losing in a primary for his Virginia congressional seat.
Cantor’s district, Virginia’s 7th congressional, is the focus of this week’s installment of District Profiles, looking at congressional races across the country. Republican candidate David Brat, who defeated Cantor in the primary, will face Democrat Jack Trammell.
Michael Pope of WAMU in Washington, D.C. discusses the race with Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson.
Clarification note: In this interview, it was mentioned that David Brat has a divinity degree from Princeton. He graduated with a Master’s degree from Princeton Theological Seminary, which is not affiliated with Princeton University.
- Michael Pope, reporter for WAMU in Washington D.C., part of the Here & Now Contributors Network. He tweets @MichaelLeePope.