Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
North Country News
Thu April 12, 2012
Divers Search River in VT Teacher Killing Case
State Police divers continue to search the Connecticut River for evidence in the murder of Melissa Jenkins, a popular Vermont prep school teacher whose body was found in the river in Barnet. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports…
A Waterford couple has been charged with killing Jenkins and dumping her body in the river on March 25 after luring her from St. Johnsbury home with a ruse about a broken down car.
Divers searched the river for several hours on Tuesday. St. Johnsbury Barracks Commander Lt. Mike Henry told the Caledonian Record that they were looking for any evidence related to the case.
Police also have continued to examine the Prues' car and digital devices and are seeking all records of telephone calls that they have made since they were jailed on March 28.
The Prues have pleaded not guilty to charges of second-degree murder and improper disposal of a body. They're being held without bail.
I'm Pat Bradley, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.