Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Fri September 24, 2004
Doctors Express Concerns About Cement Plant
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – The medical staff of Columbia Memorial Hospital has passed a resolution regarding St. Lawrence Cement's proposed Greenport plant. The physicians are urging New York's environmental regulator to fully assess the air and health impacts of the proposed plant, given the cement company's recently announced plans to lower the plant's stack height. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.