Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New England News
Tue April 18, 2006
Doctors Put On Alert for Mumps
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – Both the Vermont and New York Health Departments are urging physicians and other health care providers to be on alert for mumps. The notices come as an outbreak of the disease is occurring in the Midwest. That outbreak began in Iowa several months ago and has been slowly spreading to other states. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.