Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Mon July 15, 2013
"A Dog Walks Into a Nursing Home: Lessons in the Good Life from an Unlikely Teacher" by Sue Halpern
At loose ends with her daughter leaving home and her husband on the road, Sue Halpern decided to give herself and Pransky, her under-occupied Lab mix, a new lease on life by getting the two of them certified as a therapy dog team.
She writes about the experience in her book, A Dog Walks Into a Nursing Home: Lessons in the Good Life from an Unlikely Teacher.