Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Mon July 15, 2013
"A Dog Walks Into a Nursing Home: Lessons in the Good Life from an Unlikely Teacher" by Sue Halpern
At loose ends with her daughter leaving home and her husband on the road, Sue Halpern decided to give herself and Pransky, her under-occupied Lab mix, a new lease on life by getting the two of them certified as a therapy dog team.
She writes about the experience in her book, A Dog Walks Into a Nursing Home: Lessons in the Good Life from an Unlikely Teacher.