Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Listener Essay - Reflections On A Life Well Lived
Mon July 15, 2013
"A Dog Walks Into a Nursing Home: Lessons in the Good Life from an Unlikely Teacher" by Sue Halpern
At loose ends with her daughter leaving home and her husband on the road, Sue Halpern decided to give herself and Pransky, her under-occupied Lab mix, a new lease on life by getting the two of them certified as a therapy dog team.
She writes about the experience in her book, A Dog Walks Into a Nursing Home: Lessons in the Good Life from an Unlikely Teacher.