Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
Mon July 15, 2013
"A Dog Walks Into a Nursing Home: Lessons in the Good Life from an Unlikely Teacher" by Sue Halpern
At loose ends with her daughter leaving home and her husband on the road, Sue Halpern decided to give herself and Pransky, her under-occupied Lab mix, a new lease on life by getting the two of them certified as a therapy dog team.
She writes about the experience in her book, A Dog Walks Into a Nursing Home: Lessons in the Good Life from an Unlikely Teacher.