Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue November 1, 2005
Donor fatigue worries local charities
By Jessica Bloustein
Springfield, MA – Tsunami and Hurricane Katrina relief efforts in upstate New York and New England have yielded several million dollars in contributions this year. But the level of giving has some charitable organizations in the Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts wondering if their own fund-raising efforts might be hampered because of what they call "donor fatigue"
W-A-M-C's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein surveyed some local charities: