Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Fri May 22, 2009
Don't "drive while intexticated"!
By Dave Lucas
Albany, NY – There's been a lot of criticism about SENDING text messages while driving. But what about RECEIVING them? Several studies have documented that ANY distracting activity talking on cell phones, texting, checking your GPS, searching for music files increases the risk of accidents. Capital District Bureau chief Dave Lucas explores some pros and cons of text.