Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
WAMC New York News
Fri May 22, 2009
Don't "drive while intexticated"!
By Dave Lucas
Albany, NY – There's been a lot of criticism about SENDING text messages while driving. But what about RECEIVING them? Several studies have documented that ANY distracting activity talking on cell phones, texting, checking your GPS, searching for music files increases the risk of accidents. Capital District Bureau chief Dave Lucas explores some pros and cons of text.