Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri May 22, 2009
Don't "drive while intexticated"!
By Dave Lucas
Albany, NY – There's been a lot of criticism about SENDING text messages while driving. But what about RECEIVING them? Several studies have documented that ANY distracting activity talking on cell phones, texting, checking your GPS, searching for music files increases the risk of accidents. Capital District Bureau chief Dave Lucas explores some pros and cons of text.