Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri May 22, 2009
Don't "drive while intexticated"!
By Dave Lucas
Albany, NY – There's been a lot of criticism about SENDING text messages while driving. But what about RECEIVING them? Several studies have documented that ANY distracting activity talking on cell phones, texting, checking your GPS, searching for music files increases the risk of accidents. Capital District Bureau chief Dave Lucas explores some pros and cons of text.