Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
WAMC New York News
Fri May 22, 2009
Don't "drive while intexticated"!
By Dave Lucas
Albany, NY – There's been a lot of criticism about SENDING text messages while driving. But what about RECEIVING them? Several studies have documented that ANY distracting activity talking on cell phones, texting, checking your GPS, searching for music files increases the risk of accidents. Capital District Bureau chief Dave Lucas explores some pros and cons of text.