Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue March 22, 2005
DOS Comment Period Ends On SLC Greenport Plans
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – A New York Department of State comment period has ended with regard to St. Lawrence Cement's proposed Greenport plant. Environmental groups looking to halt the cement company's plans say comments they've submitted shed new light on how the Greenport plant would impact a state historic site in Columbia County. A St. Lawrence spokesman says the light they are casting isn't all that new or suprising. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.