Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Tue March 22, 2005
DOS Comment Period Ends On SLC Greenport Plans
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – A New York Department of State comment period has ended with regard to St. Lawrence Cement's proposed Greenport plant. Environmental groups looking to halt the cement company's plans say comments they've submitted shed new light on how the Greenport plant would impact a state historic site in Columbia County. A St. Lawrence spokesman says the light they are casting isn't all that new or suprising. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.